Cyber Security Level 2Course Code: NW2TD Learning Aim Code: 60308783 Full-time / Part-time: Full time Duration: 1 year Campus: Wellington Road
Is this the right course for me?
This qualification is for learners who want to start a career in Digital Technology. It is designed for post-16 learners and can be taken as part of a wider study programme. It is an ideal qualification for learners intending to progress directly to employment in Digital Technology, IT or to an IT apprenticeship. This is ideal for learners who want a practical based qualification in the new and developing field of cybersecurity.
What will I learn?
All the content of the qualification is mandatory and relates directly to the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers in the retail sector. The units include:
- Set up and Configure Technology Systems
- Explore Current and Emerging Technologies
- Security Protection and Risk Management
- IT Service Solutions
- Networking Tools and Applications
- Installing and Maintaining Networks
What skills will I gain?
- Pursue a career in the computing and IT field in a range of roles including Network Engineer or Network Support.
- Progress on to a level 3 computing course.
- Progress onto an apprenticeship within the IT sector.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, including maths, English and one technical subject such as science, IT, graphics, design & technology, etc OR
- Level 1 ICT-related qualification at distinction/merit level
You will also work closely with employers to gain understanding of their security measures and to develop your professional skills. You will be expected to complete work experience during your studies to further increase your understanding of the IT sector.
You will also develop your maths and English skills throughout the course. If you do not have a grade C or above in English or maths, you will be required to study maths and English alongside the main programme. If you do have a grade C or above, directed study will be a requirement of the course to further develop these skills.
How will I be assessed?
There will be 2 external assessments and 4 internal assessments. The external assessments are onscreen tests and/or a task set and marked by the awarding body. Formative assessment will be a combination of reports, presentations, group work, witness testimonies and observations.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: