Wolves and Wolverhampton College Football Academy Sports Coaching Diploma in Sport Level 3Course Code: Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Full time Duration: 1 year Campus: Wellington Road
Is this the right course for me?
Activate your career! If you love Sport then this is the right course for you. The course is designed to develop your understanding on Coaching, Fitness and Sports Development. You will learn about the body in Sport, exercise and fitness and preparing for working in the industry. On the programme you will gain your FA badges; you will develop occupational skills such as teamwork, effective communication and problem solving. The course will allow you to progress into employment or progress onto the HNC/HND.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Team Sports
- Practical Individual Sports
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- The Athlete's Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Development
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Business in Sport
- Applied Strength and Conditioning
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding on key anatomical structure & function
- Learn how to develop training programmes for specific groups
- Develop your confidence in dealing with work related issues
- Understand how to apply your skills to areas of the industry
- Improve your knowledge and understanding within key training principles
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in events such as the college Olympics
- You will also have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills to make you more employable, including English and maths
- Progress directly onto the Extended Diploma as a year 2 option and then gain a place of study on our HNC Sport programme here at the college as a direct progression route onto Level 4 when you have completed the BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport
- Pursue a career as a Sports Scientist, Physiotherapist, Sports Coach, Sports Development Officer, Sports Psychologist, PE Teacher or Leisure Manager
- A good footballing CV with a high standard or footballing ability
- Five GCSE passes (A-C) to include English and ideally Maths, PE and Science
- Or BTEC First Diploma at Merit (equivalent), or NVQ Level 2 Coaching at Pass both with Level 2 Key Skills in Communication
- Police declarations, CRB and suitable references will be required
- Acceptance on course subject to a curriculum interview
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: