Electrical/Electronic Engineering 90 Credit BTEC Diploma Level 3Course Code: EL3DP Learning Aim Code: 50080982 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
This course is perfect for anyone who has aspirations of working within the vast electrotechnical industry, moving into Higher Education to gain a HNC or degree within the electrical or electronic fields of study.
The qualification aims to develop your existing skills, qualifications and training to provide you with an advanced understanding of the knowledge and techniques required within the engineering industry.
This is a one year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Health and safety in engineering
- Mathematics for technicians
- Electronic devices
- Electrical technology
- Engineering drawing
- Electrical installation
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Electronic measurement and testing
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of electrical and electronic engineering
- Learn how electrical circuits are built and work and develop practical skills
- Develop your confidence in dealing with workshop tools
- Understand how health and safety is applied in the engineering industry
- Improve your practical and academic skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in classroom and workshop activities
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place by assignments. You will be continually assessed throughout the program.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the electrotechnical industry
- Progress on to the Electrical Electronic HNC
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) or
- Level 2 electrical or electronic qualification
- An initial maths and English assessment to identify any areas that you may need assistance with