Electrical/Electronic Engineering HNC/D (BTEC HNC/D Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (QCF))Course Code: ELEHC Learning Aim Code: 50088312 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Two years studying the HNC with the option to progress to the HND in the 3rd year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
The utilisation of electricity in the field of electrical and electronic engineering encompasses a wide range of technical applications within industry, commerce and around the home. Throughout this course you will gain an understanding of fundamental principles and practices within the fields of electrical and electronic engineering, and gain the skills you need to move on to Higher Education and a HND.
The HNC is a two year part-time course which you can then progress to the HND for a further year part-time.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Utilisation of electrical energy
- Engineering science
- Analogue and digital devices
- Analytical methods for engineers
- Electrical and electronic principles
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop and apply an understanding of the science, engineering principles and associated technology in the area of electrical and electronic engineering
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will take place by assignments. You will be continually assessed throughout the program. There are several components to the assessment, both theoretical and practical.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the electrotechnical industry
- Progress on to the Electrical Electronic HND
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- At Least two A Levels preferably in Mathematics and / or Science or a BTEC National Certificate / BTEC National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- You must be aged 18 or above to study a HNC/D qualification
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work and life experience
- For non-EU students an IELTS 6 is required