Electrotechnical Technology (Buildings and Structures) C&G 2365 Diploma Level 2Course Code: EI2DP Learning Aim Code: 60054980 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time or Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Whether you have recently left school or want to make a career change this course will prepare you to work in the industry and qualify you to work as an electrician’s mate.
You will gain an understanding of the regulations electricians are legally bound to comply with and the scientific principles on which electrical applications are based on. You will also learn the practical skills to enable you to work within the electrotechnical industry.
This course can be studied full-time or part-time over one year.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Principles or electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installations of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understanding how to communicate with others within building services engineering
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the electrical installation industry
- Learn how electrical circuits are built and work and develop practical skills
- Develop an appreciation for good working practices within the construction industry
- Develop your confidence in dealing with workshop tools
- Understand how health and safety is applied in the construction industry
- Improve your practical and academic skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in classroom and workshop activities
How will I be assessed?
This is a combination of assignment and online based exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the program.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the electrotechnical industry or gain an apprenticeship
- Progress on to Level 3 C&G 2365 Electrical Installation
What are the Entry Requirements?
For school leavers aged 16-19 you will need a Level 1 Electrical qualifiaction.
For adult learners there are no formal qualifications required, although you will be required complete a short hand written (50 words) assessment of your English skills