Electrotechnical Technology (Buildings and Structures) C&G 2365 Diploma Level 3Course Code: EI3DP Learning Aim Code: 60054992 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time or Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you passionate about construction or interested in working in the construction industry?
Are you keen to further your theoretical studies and earn a living working in the electrotechnical industry?
Do you have a Level 2 electrotechnical qualification?
If you have answered yes to these three questions then this course is right for you!
Throughout this course you will gain an understanding of the regulations electricians are legally bound to comply with and the scientific principles on which electrical applications are based on. You will also learn how to verify electrical installations are safe to use and gain an understanding of how to complete relevant certificates required by law.
This is a one year course which can be studied full-time or part-time.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
- Electrical systems design
- Career awareness in building services engineering
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Further your understanding of the electrical installation industry
- Learn how electrical circuits are built and work and develop practical skills
- Develop an appreciation for good working practices within the construction industry
- Develop your confidence in dealing with workshop tools
- Understand how higher level health and safety is applied in the construction industry
- Improve your practical and academic skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in classroom and workshop activities
How will I be assessed?
This is a combination of assignment based and online based exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the program.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the electrotechnical industry
- Progress on to the City & Guilds 2357 Level 3 (Logbook only), City & Guilds 2394 Initial Verification and City & Guilds 2395 Periodic inspection
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have a full Level 2 Electrical qualification.