Electrotechnical Technology (Buildings and Structures) C&G 7202 Diploma Level 1Course Code: EE1DP Learning Aim Code: 60097905 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Are you intrigued by the way electrical circuits work and want to know more?
Are you keen to learn more about how you could earn a living working in the electrotechnical industry?
Then this course is right for you!
Electricity is integral to our everyday life resulting in a continuous demand for electricians. This course is the first step on the road to becoming a fully qualified electrician, covering domestic, industrial and commercial environments.
The college Entry/Level 1 programme is a great way to start your career if you are 16-18. It enables you to develop the skills and confidence to progress in college and into work. You will develop a wide range of skills in your chosen subject area as well as gaining qualifications in English, maths and ICT.
This is a one year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Structure of construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Electrical installation wiring and terminations
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the electrical installation industry
- Learn how electrical circuits are built and work and develop practical skills
- Develop an appreciation for good working practices within the construction industry
- Develop your confidence in dealing with workshop tools
- Understand how health and safety is applied in the construction industry
- Improve your practical and academic skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in classroom and workshop activities
How will I be assessed?
This is a combination of assignment and online based exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the program.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the electrotechnical industry
- Progress on to the Level 2 City & Guilds 2365 Electrical Installation Diploma
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- A minimum Entry Level 3 in literacy and numeracy and a commitment to the course
- A short hand written (50 words) assessment of your English skills
- An interview to be considered for this course
- A strong interest in their chosen programme of study
- The commitment to work towards improving English and maths as part of the programme
For adult learners there are no formal qualifications required, although you will be required to attend an initial maths and English assessment on entry to identify any areas that you may need assistance with