Emergency First Aid at Work HSE Level 2Course Code: EFACE Learning Aim Code: 00228787 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 6 hours (1 x 3 hour session for two weeks) Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Do you work with others and want to learn how to give emergency first aid if a colleague is injured or unwell?
Maybe you’re an employer and need to be able to provide emergency first aid to your staff?
Or perhaps you’re a job seeker looking to improve your skills to put you a step ahead of others when applying for jobs?
If so, this course will teach you the skills you need to provide emergency first aid to a range of specific injuries and illnesses in a work situation, as well as in daily life.
We have a 100% success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our students, many of whom have used their skills to gain positions as care workers or progressed to further health studies and become nurses and midwives.
This is a part-time course - 6 hours (1 x 3 hour session for two weeks).
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Injury assessment
- Illness assessment
- Accident management
- Health and safety regulations
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn how to deal with accidents and injuries
- Learn how CPR works and how to use a defibrillator
- Understand the correct action to take in an emergency
- Develop your confidence in dealing with injuries
- Understand how first aid skills are applied in the work environment, as well as everyday life
- Improve your personal skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in practical activities
How will I be assessed?
Your learning, knowledge and understanding will be continually assessed throughout the course.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you:
- Provide emergency first aid in a workplace or everyday situation
- Pursue a career in the care industry
- Progress on to a health-based course
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course so you can call to enrol at any time: 01902 836000