Engineering Thermodynamics (bite-sized HE course)Course Code: ETDUP Learning Aim Code: Z0001990 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time bite-sized HE course - a module from the HNC/D in Engineering Duration: 16 weeks – one half-day per week Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you work in an engineering environment and need to extend your knowledge of heat and work transfer this short part-time course – a module from the HNC/D in engineering syllabus – will develop your understanding of the principles and laws of thermodynamics and their application to engineering thermodynamic systems.
What will I learn?
Studying this module will enable you to:
- Understand the parameters and characteristics of thermodynamic systems
- Evaluate the performance of internal combustion engines
- Evaluate the performance of reciprocating air compressors
- Understand the operation of steam and gas turbine power plant
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
Completion of the module will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
As this module is part of an HNC/D qualification, you are required to be over 18 years of age and have the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels – preferably in maths or science OR
- BTec certificate or diploma in engineering or a related discipline
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work/life experience- Non-EU students are required to have an IELTS or equivalent university qualification