Exercise & Fitness Diploma VTCT Level 2Course Code: EH2DP Learning Aim Code: 60086312 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you have a lively and enquiring mind and want to study a programme that is both active and enjoyable, this is the course for you.
This qualification is designed for people who are interested who have a keen interest in working in the UK health and fitness industry, or who may be looking to diversify and work and instruct in a gym.
You will develop the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions in the context of exercise and fitness and apply your learning in a practical and realistic way as well as completing work in the classroom.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
- Planning and preparing for personal exercise and nutrition
- Instructing a circuit training session
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop practical skills in gym-based exercise, delivery of leisure activities, fitness testing and emergency first aid
- Improve your interpersonal and communication, self evaluation and reflection skills
- Cover the requisite knowledge and understanding of anatomy, physiology and nutrition, the components of an active and healthy lifestyle and the factors affecting participation in physical activity
- Develop an understanding of health and safety, safeguarding and child protection, employment rights and responsibilities and the sport and active leisure industry as a whole
- As part of the programme you will also complete a functional skills programme in either English or maths and an exercise to music option will also be available
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer sessions, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment. This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress onto further education programmes in sport
- Pursue a career as a fitness instructor in the health and fitness industry
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above, including English or successful completion of a full level 1 study programme
- You will also need to agree that you maintain a minimum of 90% attendance and be punctual as well as positive in your everyday studies
- Prior to enrolment on this course you will need to complete an initial assessment in literacy and/or numeracy to help ensure that you are enrolled on the right course