Exercise & Fitness Instructing Certificate Level 2Course Code: FT2CE Learning Aim Code: 50087228 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 10 Weeks Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
This programme is ideal for anyone who has a keen interest in working in the UK health & fitness industry and is keen to inspire and instruct!
As part of this course you will develop the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate sessions in the context of exercise and fitness, to fully prepare you to work in the industry.
You will apply learning in a practical and realistic way as well as completing work in the classroom, so it's important that you have a lively and enquiring mind and want to study a programme that is both active and enjoyable.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
- Factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity
- Planning and preparing for personal exercise and nutrition
- Instructing a circuit training session
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop practical skills in gym-based exercise, delivery of leisure activities, fitness testing and emergency first aid Improve your interpersonal and communication skills, self evaluation and reflection
- Cover the requisite knowledge and understanding of anatomy, physiology and nutrition, the components of an active and healthy lifestyle and the factors affecting participation in physical activity
- Develop an understanding of health and safety, safeguarding and child protection, employment rights and responsibilities and the sport and active leisure industry as a whole
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer sessions, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment along with all of the practical aspects you will need to participate fully in.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress, it will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Progress on to another programme in sport, provided you sass your Fitness Level 2 Certificate, have shown a positive attitude towards your studies and successfully complete all additional qualifications within your programme. You can then consider a Level 3 Personal Training Diploma, a Level 3 Diploma in Improving Sports Participation qualification or a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport
- Pursue a career as a fitness instructor in the health and fitness industry
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above, including English or successful completion of a full level 1 study programme
- An interest in health and fitness
- You will need to agree that you maintain a minimum of 90% attendance and be punctual as well as positive in your everyday studies