Fabrication and Welding City & Guilds Diploma Level 2Course Code: WL2AW Learning Aim Code: Z0001840 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
The City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Fabrication and Welding Level 2 qualification is ideally suited if you are working as a sheet metal or production welding operative in the fabrication and welding industry and forms part of the intermediate apprenticeship framework.
It provides an entry level qualification into fabrication and welding in which you will will learn basic workshop skills, safe working practices and engineering communication, as well as practical skills in fabrication and welding such as pattern drawing, sheet metal fabrication techniques and MIG, TIG and MMA welding processes.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to an advanced apprenticeship and a Level 3 qualification.
What will I learn?
On this course you will study the following modules:
- Working in engineering
- Principles of engineering technology
- Principles of fabrication and welding technology
- Welding by MIG/TIG
- Fabricating sheet metalwork
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain:
- An introduction to the engineering profession
- Knowledge and understanding of basic metal working techniques
- Skills in metal fabrication and joining techniques
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety in the workplace
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written assessments
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Complete your intermediate apprenticeship
- Move to an advanced apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to be:
- On an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme OR
- Currently woking in the engineering industry