Fabrication and Welding City & Guilds Diploma Level 3Course Code: WL3AW Learning Aim Code: Z0001890 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
The City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Fabrication and Welding Level 3 qualification forms part of the advanced apprenticeship framework and will develop your skills in a range of specialist areas such as template and pattern development, sheet metal technology and TIG, MIG or MMA welding.
This Level 3 programme has a good balance between theory and practical work and you will learn by applying your skills and knowledge to a range of industry-based situations that occur in a real working environment.
Completion of the course will enable you to work in areas such as product manufacturing, quality control etc or progress to a higher education qualification such as an HNC, HND or degree.
What will I learn?
On this course you will study the following modules:
- Engineering principles
- Welding by MIG/TIG
- Principles of fabrication and welding
- Engineering health and safety
- Sheet metalwork fabrication of materials
- Pattern development for fabrication
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain further knowledge and understanding of metal working techniques
- Develop advanced skills in metal fabrication and joining techniques
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written Assessments
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Complete your advanced apprenticeship
- Progress to a higher education qualification such as an HNC, HND or degree
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to be:
- On an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme OR
- Currently woking in the engineering industry