First Aid at Work HSE Level 3Course Code: FAWCE Learning Aim Code: 00228787 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 18 hours (1 x 3 hour session for six weeks) Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Do you work with others and want to learn how to give first aid if a colleague is injured or unwell?
Maybe you’re an employer and need to be able to provide first aid to your staff?
Or perhaps you’re a job seeker looking to improve your skills to put you a step ahead of others when applying for jobs?
If so, this course will teach you the skills you need to provide first aid to a range of specific injuries and illnesses in a work situation, as well as in daily life.
We have a 100% success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our students, many of whom have used their skills to gain positions as care workers or progressed to further health studies and become nurses and midwives.
This course is run over 6 weeks - 1x 3 hour session per week.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Injury assessment
- Illness assessment
- Accident management
- Health and safety regulations
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of dealing with accidents and injuries
- Learn how CPR works and how to use a defibrillator
- Develop an appreciation for the correct action to take in an emergency
- Develop your confidence in dealing with injuries
- Understand how first aid skills are applied in the work environment and everyday life
- Improve your personal skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in practical activities
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Continual assessment of practical tasks
- A one-hour exam at the end of the programme
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you:
- Provide first aid in a workplace or everyday situation
- Pursue a career in the care industry
- Progress on to a health-based course
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course.