Food Safety in Catering RSPH Award Level 2Course Code: FSYAW Learning Aim Code: 50054806 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 9 hours Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you work in any business where you may have to handle food – including open and pre-packaged food, as well as drinks and ice - this one-day course will provide you with basic knowledge of food hygiene and safety.
You will gain an understanding of the importance of food hygiene, food safety management systems, and the safe handling, preparation and processing of food.
This course is also ideal if you don’t work directly in the catering industry but go into food premises as part of your job – such as equipment maintenance engineers, delivery staff and off-site business owners/managers.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Food hygiene concepts
- Importance of personal hygiene
- Importance of clean work areas
- Importance of keeping food safe
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain practical skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- The importance of food hygiene and associated food hazards
- Good hygiene practice and controls based upon an awareness of food safety management systems. Good practice in the handling, processing and preparation of safe food.
How will I be assessed?
Your knowledge and understanding will be assessed throughout the day and at the end of the session you will be required to take a short test – answering 30 multiple choice questions within 40 minutes.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Add the Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering to your CV which will impress employers when you are applying for jobs
- Progress to further hospitality or catering course offered by the college, such as:
- Level 1 Foundation Diploma in Industry Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
What are the Entry Requirements?
No formal qualifications are required to enrol on the course