General Food and Beverage Service Diploma Level 2Course Code: FB2DP Learning Aim Code: 60109932 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Metro One Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you work or want to work front of house in a restaurant, or other venue selling food and drinks, gain the skills you need to serve up a great dining experience with our Level 2 Certificate in Professional Food and Beverage Service.
You'll learn essential skills in food safety, serving food and drinks, taking customer bookings and handling payments and, depending on your level, you'll also learn about areas such as bar service.
While you are on the course you will get the chance to visit a variety of food and beverage service establishments and hotels with accommodation as well as the popular German market in Birmingham and careers fairs to make you aware of jobs available in the industry.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Menu knowledge, design and resources
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Food and beverage service skills
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point
- Understanding the characteristics of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Understand the importance of customer care in the food and beverage industry
- Greatly improve your confidence when dealing with the public
- Demonstrate your theoretical knowledge of the food and beverage industry in a real working environment
- Develop communication skills that transfer to all aspects of your working life
- Develop high level team working strategies for use in customer service environments
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through observed practical assessments and end of module tests to assess your knowledge.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to work in roles such as catering/restaurant manager, sommelier/wine waiter, table or counter service staff, bar staff.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Four or more GCSEs at Grade E or above OR successful completion of a full Level 1 study programme in a related area