Hair & Beauty Diploma Level 2Course Code: HA2DP Learning Aim Code: 60058614 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you have an interest in hair and beauty this course will teach you the practical and theory skills you need to become a Level 2 qualified beauty therapist.
You will develop skills in cutting, colouring and dressing hair, as well as manicures and pedicures, skincare, waxing, and eyelash and eyebrow treatments, as well as important customer service and communication skills which will set you on the road to a successful career n the industry.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to a further qualification in either hair or beauty.
We offer a fantastic, well-designed working salon environment supported by our inspirational and experienced staff who will support you to develop your skills and knowledge, and you will also benefit from a range of enrichment training to enhance your learning – recent activities have included visits by photographic make-up artists, media and airbrush make-up artists, visits from representatives from IBD Just Gel polish, Studex ear piercing and Sienna X tanning, and talks by staff from Ragdale Hall Health Hydro and Steiner Cruises to promote career opportunities within the industry.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Client consultations for hair services
- Shampooing and conditioning hair and scalp
- Cutting women’s hair
- Colouring and lightening hair
- Art of dressing hair
- Providing facial treatments
- Providing manicure treatments
- Providing pedicure treatments
- Removing hair using waxing techniques
- Providing lash and brow treatments
- Health and safety in the salon
- Client care and communication
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will learn how to:
- Develop skills to enable you to offer specific hair and beauty services
- Gain knowledge in anatomy and physiology, relevant to specific services
- Develop customer care and communication skills enabling you to deal with enquiries, retail queries, consultations and complaints
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Continuous assessment of practical tasks
- Online tests to assess your knowledge and understanding
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Progress to a Level 3 Hair or Beauty qualification
- Pursue a career in the hair and beauty industry
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of a Level 1 study programme in a related area – eg Level 1 Hair and Beauty diploma, Level 1 Beauty Therapy diploma, Level 1 Hairdressing diploma