Hair & Beauty Management HNC Diploma (QCF)Course Code: HBEHC Learning Aim Code: 60009378 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: 30 weeks Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
Do you want to run your own hair and beauty business?
If you have completed a Level 3 qualification in either hair or beauty and are looking to further your knowledge and develop skills to manage a team of staff, this one-year HNC course is the one for you!
This is an academic qualification and will improve your knowledge and working practices rather than your practical therapy/treatment/service skills.
You will rain at our Metro One campus in the city centre which is run as a commercial venture and has industry-standard hair and beauty salons on-site, and you will have access to real businesses in order to carry out further research and develop your skills further and will also have opportunities to visit other organisations connected to the industry.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study a number of mandatory units and, depending on which area you wish to specialise in, will have a choice of additional modules.
Optional hair modules:
- Manage the creation of a hair style collection
- Hair and scalp specialist services
- Provide Indian head massage
Optional beauty modules:
- Aromatherapy for beauty therapy
- Physical activity, lifestyle and wellbeing
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding and skills for managing a team of people
- Learn how to plan, implement and develop effective systems to improve your business
- Develop your confidence in dealing with financial processes
- Improve your skills in dealing with staff
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment-based course and there are no exams.
You will be required to complete a number of set assignments which will have strict submission deadlines.
What can I do next?
The skills you learn on the course will enable you to:
- Pursue a supervisory/management career in the hair and beauty industry
- Set up and run your own business - either by opening your own salon or renting a chair/space in an existing salon
- Progress on to a HND in hair and beauty management
What are the Entry Requirements?
The HNC/HND is a Level 4 higher education qualification. To access the course you are required to have:
- Level 3 qualification in hair or beauty
- Level 2 English
- You must be aged 18 or above to study a HNC/D qualification