Hairdressing Certificate – Level 2 (full-time)Course Code: HD2DP Learning Aim Code: 50090513 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are passionate about a career in hairdressing this course will teach you skills and knowledge you need to become fully qualified and gain an exciting job in the industry.
Your skills will enable you to take a client on a journey from entering the salon, to carrying out a range of different techniques such as colouring, cutting and styling and recommending and selling the correct products to them.
You will also learn important customer service skills and gain an understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
On completion of the course you will be able to apply for a job in the industry or progress to a higher level qualification.
We offer a fantastic, well-designed working salon environment supported by our inspirational and experienced staff who will support you to develop your skills and knowledge, and you will have the chance to take part in national and local competitions and attend other enrichment activities which will give you further experience of the industry and look good on your CV.
This course is suitable for anyone aged 16 or over.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Working in the hair industry
- Client consultation for hair services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Colour and lighten hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Cut women’s hair
- Salon reception duties
- The art of dressing hair
- Styling and finishing African type hair
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop skills in cutting, colouring and styling
- Develop your confidence in dealing with a wide range of clients
- Understand how different services work and are carried out
- Develop your understanding of the health and safety requirements to work in the industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via practical observations and a theory exam.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Gain employment in a salon
- Pursue a hairdressing apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 hairdressing qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above, or successful completion of a full Level 1 study programme
- You will also be asked to undertake a trade test in which you will be required to section and apply rollers to the hair