Hairdressing Diploma Level 1 (full-time)Course Code: HRDDP Learning Aim Code: 50063467 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Metro One Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to work as a hairdresser this course will set you on the path to a successful career in the industry.
You will gain skills, experience and confidence in styling hair and learn about customer service and health and safety in the salon.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to a Level 2 hair or beauty qualification.
We offer a fantastic, well designed working salon environment supported by our inspirational and experienced staff who will support you to develop your skills and knowledge, and you will have the chance to take part in national and local competitions and attend other enrichment activities which will give you further experience of the industry and look good on your CV.
This is a one year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling women’s hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Colour hair using a temporary colour
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Follow Health and Safety in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Create and image using colour for the hair and beauty sector
- Salon reception duties
- The art of colouring hair
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of the hair and beauty industry
- Learn how to create basic styling looks
- Learn about colouring hair
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the salon
- Work as part of a team in the salon
- Develop communication and customer service skills
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed in a number of ways including practical observations, building a portfolio of theory evidence and exams.
What can I do next?
On successful completion of the course you will be able to progress to:
- NVQ Level 2 in Women’s Hairdressing
- NVQ Level 2 Barbering
- Pursue an apprenticeship in the industry
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- Good attendance and reference from school
- You will also be asked to undertake a trade test