Women’s Hairdressing City & Guilds VRQ Diploma Level 3Course Code: HW3DP Learning Aim Code: 50090999 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: 34 weeks Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to improve your creative hairdressing skills and learn the techniques used by professionals, this part-time is the course will cut it for you.
Under the supervision of our highly inspirational and experienced staff you will learn a range of creative cutting, colouring and styling techniques and develop your skills by working with real clients in our industry-standard professional training academy in the city centre.
You will get the chance to expand your knowledge at Wella’s Professional Studios in Manchester and will be encouraged to show off your talents in local and regional competitions and end of term shows.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Consultation with clients
- Creatively cutting hair
- Colour techniques
- Colour correction
- Perming hair
- Styling and dressing hair
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety in the salon
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain the following skills:
- Advanced cutting - combining different types of cut to create a personalised style
- Creative styling and dressing to create a range of looks
- Colour correction
- Confidence in dealing with a range of customers
- An understanding of how different services are carried out
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the course via observation of your practical work, assignments, online tests and questions from tutors.
What can I do next?
Completion of the Level 3 qualification will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in the industry as a qualified hairdresser
- Progress to a Level 4 qualification such as an HNC or HND or Foundation Degree
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access the Level 3 course you are required to have:
- Level 2 qualification in hairdressing
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English
- You will be asked to take a trade test in which you will be required to demonstrate a cut and blow dry and show your knowledge of carrying out a consultation with a client