Health & Safety Awareness (CITB)Course Code: HSACE Learning Aim Code: Z0001794 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One day Campus: Telford Campus / In-company
Is this the right course for me?
The CITB one day Health and Safety Awareness course is a popular route for anyone looking to take their first step towards obtaining a CSCS Labourers (Green) Card.
This one day course is aimed at those who have entered, or who are about to enter, the construction and civil engineering industry. The course gives learners an awareness of health and safety and how it affects their daily role.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Individual responsibilities for your own safety and the safety of others
- Typical construction hazards and how these are controlled
- How everyone can help achieve better practical standards of safety on site
- Legal requirements and liabilities
- Working at height
- Manual handling
- Fire prevention
- Work equipment
- Occupational health
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding and awareness of health and safety in the workplace
- Learn how typical hazards in the construction/civil engineering industry are controlled
- Become aware of how everyone can help achieve a better practical standard of safety on site
- Understand how working at height, manual handling, fire prevention, work equipment and occupational health is applied in the construction/civil engineering industry
How will I be assessed?
You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple-choice test.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to apply for a CSCS Labourers Card (Green Card).
After you have successfully completed this course you can progress on to CITB Site Safety Plus suite of courses that range from:
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher
What are the Entry Requirements?
The minimum entry requirement is a good understanding of spoken and written English.