Health and Social Care BTEC Diploma Level 1Course Code: HS1DP Learning Aim Code: 50066420 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are dedicated and hard working a career in care can be a rewarding experience. The BTEC Health and Social Care Level 1 Diploma will introduce you to a range of care services, including caring for older people and those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
As part of your studies you will complete a portfolio of evidence covering the modules you study which, at the end of the course, will help you to make a decision about the direction of your future career, and will also continue to study English and maths.
Whilst you are on this course you will be taught by experts with many years’ experience in the field and will have the opportunity to meet with health and social care assessors who will provide first-hand experience of working in the profession.
This is a one year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following nine modules:
- Health and social care needs
- Personal care in health and social care
- Creative activities for children
- Creative and leisure activities for adults in health and social care
- Promoting healthy eating in care
- Communicating with adults and children
- Job opportunities in health and social care
- Introduction to creative and leisure activities for children and adults
- The role of the carer at mealtimes
- Carrying out an individual project
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of how the health and social care sector works, including the needs of children and adults
- Investigate job opportunities and develop communication and employment related skills
- Develop creative skills
- Improve your fundamental study skills and develop confidence
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme. You will be assessed using a variety of methods including short reports, producing learning materials, workbooks and witness testimony.
What can I do next?
The course provides an introduction to health and social care. On successful completion you may progress onto a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care or enter the world of work. The skills you will learn from this course may enable you to pursue a career in the health and social care sector.
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements to access this course however an interest in the subject and keenness to study is essential. Acceptance on the course is subject to an interview. If you want to progress to Level 2 you will need to successfully complete this level along with the required level for English and Maths.