Health and Social Care BTEC Diploma Level 2Course Code: HSCEC Learning Aim Code: 60061789 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
We want you to be as passionate about health and social care as we are and we want you to learn, achieve and succeed in your chosen career. This new one year BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care will give you the opportunity to develop the underpinning knowledge in a variety of health and social care topics. Students who complete this course successfully have the opportunity to progress on to the second year Level 3 course in Health and Social Care.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study a variety of units:
- Human lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
- Healthy living
- Human body systems and care of disorders
- Services in health and social care
- Creative and therapeutic activities in health and social care
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of how the health and social care sector works
- Investigate the factors that influence health and wellbeing
- Investigate healthy living through a study of the body, nutrition and health disorders
- Improve your communication and fundamental study skills
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme using a variety of methods including: 2 externally set examinations, written reports, poster presentations, workbooks and witness testimony activities.
What can I do next?
On successful completion you may choose to progress onto the Level 3 90 credit Diploma in Health and Social Care or enter the world of work as a health and social care practitioner.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of the BTEC Health and Social Care Level 1 Diploma