Health and Social Care CACHE Certificate Level 2Course Code: HS2DP Learning Aim Code: 60061789 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
Whether you're aiming for a career in healthcare or would like to focus specifically on social work or education, the Level 2 Certificate in Health and Social Care will prepare you for a career in the profession and teach you the theory you need to succeed in your chosen career.
You will be taught by experts with many years' experience in the field and will have the opportunity to meet with health and social care assessors who will provide first-hand experience of working in the profession.
We have excellent feedback from past students on the course, some of who have gone on to study for the level 3 qualification or progressed to university to study for a degree and gone on to pursue careers in the health and social care profession.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study a variety of units:
- Communication in health and social care
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
- Individual needs in health and social care
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Human lifespan development
- Infection control
- Impact of diet, health and nutrition
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of the issues that need to be considered when working in health and social care environment within a multicultural society and will learn investigative skills as you look at the many factors that contribute to a diverse and equal society
- Learn how to communicate effectively within a health and social care environment through the investigation of different forms of communication, understanding barriers to communication and how to be able to communicate effectively
- Develop an appreciation of the health and wellbeing needs of others and how these needs may be addressed to improve the health and wellbeing of an individual
- Understand how legislation in health and social care environments is applied and develop knowledge of how to minimise hazards and risks
- Improve your time management and organisational skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in whole class and small group discussions and presentations
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme through project work, assignments, peer assessments, case studies, external tests and workbooks. There is also an external assessment and tests for Functional Skills in English and maths.
What can I do next?
The skills you learn on this course will enable you to progress to the Health and Social Care Technical Level 3 Extended Diploma Level 3.
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above OR
- Successful completion of the BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Health and Social Care