Health, Safety and Risk Assessment in Engineering (bite-sized HE course)Course Code: HSFUP Learning Aim Code: Z0001940 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time bite-sized HE course - a module from the HNC/D in Engineering Duration: 16 weeks – one half-day per week Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you work in the engineering industry and need a comprehensive understanding of health and safety planning, this short part-time module from the HNC/D in engineering syllabus will give you an understanding of the implementation and legislation within the working environment.
What will I learn?
Studying this module will enable you to:
- Select and apply safe working procedures to engineering operations
- Understand the nature and use of current health and safety legislation
- Analyse engineering activities for the assessment of risk
- Manage and minimise risk to life, property and engineering activities within an industrial environment
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
Completion of the module will enable you to:
What are the Entry Requirements?
As this module is part of an HNC/D qualification, you are required to be over 18 years of age and have the following qualifications:
- Two A Levels – preferably in maths or science OR
- BTec certificate or diploma in engineering or a related discipline
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work/life experience- Non-EU students are required to have an IELTS or equivalent university qualification