Health & Social Care CACHE Extended Diploma Technical Level 3Course Code: HS3DP Learning Aim Code: 50116071 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One year Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are planning on a career in nursing, midwifery or social work, the Health and Social Care Extended Diploma Technical Level 3 will equip you with the range of skills and knowledge needed to work in the profession.
As well as learning theory in the classroom you will also be expected to undertake a minimum of 175 hours of work experience giving you the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge in a care setting.
You will also be encouraged to take up voluntary or part time work in a related field which will be a valuable addition to your CV and demonstrate commitment to future employers or be of benefit if you wish to apply for a higher education course.
This one-year course is a natural progression from the Level 3 CACHE Technical Diploma in Health and Social Care - you will build on the knowledge gained in year one, as well as learning new skills, and the qualification will enable you to progress to university or get a job in the health and social care sector.
What will I learn?
In this second year of the qualification you will study the following modules:
- Empowerment in health and social care
- protection in health and social care
- Research skills
- Personal and professional development in health and social care
- Medication in health and social care
- Ethics in health and social care
- Technology in health and social care
- Psychology of ageing
- Public health Mental wellbeing
- End of life care
What skills will I gain?
Studying this course you will develop:
- Important vocational skills in communication, health and safety and equality and diversity
- In-depth knowledge of human growth and development through the life stages
- Understanding of the anatomy and physiology of human body systems
- Understanding of the different sociological and psychological approaches that can be used when working in a health and social care setting
- Valuable team working skills by taking part in whole class and small group discussions and presentations
- Research skills to enable you to plan and conduct your own research relating to a health or social care issue and evaluate the success of your outcomes
- Skills to plan, monitor and reflect on your own professional development while on placement
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme through project work, assignments, peer assessments, presentations, case studies and workbooks.
What can I do next?
The skills and knowledge you will gain on this course will enable you to:
- Work in the health and social care profession
- Progress to a higher education course in the subject
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access the course you will require:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) OR
- Health and Social Care CACHE Diploma Technical Level 3
- Prior to enrolment on the course you will also be required to provide a good quality reference and undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will be paid for by the college