BTEC Level 4 HNC in Sport (Leisure Management) (QCF) (Pearson)Course Code: Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Full-time/Part-time Duration: 1 year Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
This qualification will help you get on the right track for a management role in the sports and leisure industry, and can lead to a degree.
The course is designed to develop your understanding of the sports and leisure industry, operating and managing a sports and leisure facility, managing the health and fitness industry, law, human resources and event management.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- The sport and leisure industry
- Marketing principles
- Operating and managing a sport and leisure facility
- Customer service Optional Units (selection):
- Managing in the health and fitness industry
- Law and sport and leisure operations
- Event management in sport and leisure
- The organisation and control of sport, exercise and fitness
- The developing manager
- The entertainment industry and venue management
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding on key management strategies
- Learn how to develop marketing
- Develop your confidence in dealing with work related issues
- Understand how to apply your skills to areas of the industry
- Improve your knowledge and understanding within law
- Develop a wide range of skills to make you more employable, including English and maths
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, role-plays, question and answer, producing display materials, time constrained assessments, work-based assignments and assessment.
This will allow you to develop skills you currently possess and work on new skills that will help you progress. It will also allow you to build a portfolio of evidence and complete other workpacks that are required for you to gain the qualifications in this programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you have learnt from this course will enable you to:
- Progress directly onto the HND as a year 2 option and then gain a place of study on your third and final year at university. You may also add specific units to enhance your knowledge to aid you in your current work place
- Pursue a career as a sports development officer, PE Teacher, leisure manager, fitness centre manager, outdoor activities manager, secondary school teacher, sports coach, sports development officer, theme park manager, customer service manager, event organiser, sports administrator, tourism officer, or tourism information centre manager
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- At least two A Levels preferably in Sport or Science or BTEC National Certificate / BTEC National Diploma in Sport or related discipline
- Mature students will be considered in light of relevant work and life experience