Construction Short Course: Girls can too… Maintain your homeCourse Code: MYHCE Learning Aim Code: Z0001794 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 10 weeks, three hours per week, evenings Campus: Wellington Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are fed up of people viewing home maintenance as a man’s job, and want to tackle basic DIY jobs yourself, then this is the course for you!
This women’s only course is designed for those who wish to do those jobs around the home that are traditionally done by men!
You will learn how to wallpaper, paint, stop a leaky tap, lay bricks, hang a door and fit hinges and many other DIY tasks.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Hanging patterned paper
- Carpentry skills, including doors and skirting
- Plumbing, including stopping leaky taps
- Bricklaying, building a small brick wall and repairing a damaged wall
- Electrical, changing plugs and fuses, what to do if the power is off
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of basic DIY skills to help keep your house running, without having to pay costly tradesmen
- Learn what you can do - and when to call in the professionals
- Develop your confidence in dealing with those general home maintenance jobs
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme. On completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement and a City of Wolverhampton tool kit to help you do those jobs around your home.
What can I do next?
If you find you are interested in any of the trades taught during this short course then we offer longer, accredited courses...or you may wish to move onto our GIRLS CAN TOO ... maintain your car! course.
What are the Entry Requirements?
This is a women-only course. There are no entry requirements, you just need to have an interest in saving money around your home.