IMI Diploma Vehicle Body Repair Level 3Course Code: VB3DP Learning Aim Code: 50098093 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are working as a body repair technician in a body repair shop the Level 3 Diploma will enable you to further develop your workshop skills and theoretical knowledge, enabling you to progress further in your motor vehicle career.
As part of the course you will work on a range of vehicles in a realistic working environment in our modern industry-standard workshop.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Measure vehicle misalignment
- Rectify vehicle misalignment
- Remove, repair and replace structural area
- Part panel replacement
- Use push/pull rams
- Remove/ replace door skirt
- Remove and replace bonded panel
- Door aperture restraint
- Brazed joint mags
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage
- Customer service skills
- A knowledge of the roles associated with vehicle repair after crash damage
- The high level specialist technical knowledge and skills to be able to work on modern vehicle accident body repairs
- Transferable skills required to work within a range of job roles with both the retail motor industry and other sectors
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation in practical sessions
- Written assessments
- On-line tests
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to:
- Progress in your career as a body repair technician in a body repair shop
- Progress to a higher level qualification in a related subject
- Pursue an apprenticeship in the motor vehicle industry
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSEs at Grade C or above including English or maths (specified which for some courses) OR
- Level 2 motor vehicle qualification
- Suitable industry experience
- College interview/assessment