Professional Cookery – Indian Cuisine Level 2 CertificateCourse Code: ICOCE Learning Aim Code: 60008581 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 20 weeks Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you have some knowledge and basic skills in the catering industry - probably from a role where you work under supervision - or you want a formal qualification that enhance hospitality career, then this short 20 week course will enhance your skills and spice up your employment prospects.
You need to be 16 years old or over to take this qualification.
The qualification assesses and recognises achievement within a learning environment.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Safe hygienic and secure workplace
- Effective teamwork
- Handling knives
- Food safety
- Using a Tandoor
- Mixing and using spices
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic fish, meat, poultry, vegetable, hot sauces and rice dishes
- Completing kitchen documentation
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain practical skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Hygiene, safety and quality
- Optional units covering the food industry and employability skills
- Work skills needed in the workplace
- Communication skills
- Working as part of a team
How will I be assessed?
This is an assessment based course with online tests. You will be continually assessed throughout the course through observation of your practical skills, assignments and questions from your tutors. You'll learn in a group with your training provider. You'll be assessed with multiple choice online tests.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn on this Level 2 course will enable you to progress to the following hospitality and catering courses:
- Level 2 Diploma in Professional Bakery
- Level 2/3 Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Patisserie and Confectionery
- Level 2 Food and Beverage
What are the Entry Requirements?
No formal qualifications are needed for the course – however an expectation of current employment in the industry is required.