Interior Design Level 1 Award – University of Arts London Awarding BodyCourse Code: IDEAW Learning Aim Code: 60132668 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 15 weeks Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
This course will teach you the methods and techniques required for creating interiors to be proud of, whether you are looking to improve your home or start on the path to a new career. You will learn how colours, lighting, and soft furnishings can transform rooms into positive, vibrant and inspiring places to work or relax and gain the skills to set up your own interior design business. You will begin to think like a designer and confidently choose colours, patterns and furnishings that are practical, good-looking and compliment the room you are designing.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body (UAL). City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- The power of colour
- Mood boards for different living spaces
- Texture, colour, pattern and form
- Lighting solutions
- Current trends in flooring and wall covering
- Window treatments and furniture/accessories
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about the psychology, symbolism and use of colour in interiors
- Learn about pattern, texture, shape and form
- Examine the form and function of lighting designs
- Learn about the contemporary and traditional materials used in flooring
- Explore the diverse possibilities of wall coverings
- Investigating a variety of ideas for window treatments
- Look at current products and their applications
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue further study in the art and design subject area
- Progress onto a full time Level 2 course or use your new skills to form your own business
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have Level 2 in Literacy and some experience or knowledge of arts and crafts.