Introductory Diploma in IT – Level 1Course Code: CP1DP Learning Aim Code: 60185831 Full-time / Part-time: Full time Duration: 34 weeks Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to develop a basic understanding of how computers, networks software and business IT skills are used in industry, this course will provide you with the foundation you are looking for. The course is a taster to the broad range of computing topics covered in the higher levels qualifications.
This BTEC qualification is designed to provide practical, work-related learning. The course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to prepare for employment in a business / IT environment and work in a variety of specialisms in the industry.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and will develop a range of skills to prepare you for the world of work, enable you to add value to business activities in an organisation. You will also develop an understanding for the role and uses of different aspects of computing, and gain some of the foundation level skills needed to support further development of programming, complex software operation and network creation and support.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Developing digital information using IT
- Solving technical IT problems
- Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
- Developing a computer programme
- Developing a digital product
- Creating a digital animated graph
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about different local businesses and how they operate>/li>
- Produce a CV and personal action plan
- Find out how to start a new business and marketing the product or service being offered
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in team events
- Develop your confidence in presentations
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn on this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in an office environment, using ICT within the workplace
- Find employment as an ICT apprentice
- Progress to the Level 2 Diploma in IT (after successfully completing Level 1 and gaiing a distinction.
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course apart from an interest in IT, along with a commitment to learn and determination to succeed.