Introduction to Business BTEC Diploma Level 1Course Code: BU1DP Learning Aim Code: 60185740 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: 34 weeks Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to develop a basic understanding of how to support the activities of a business to enable you to progress into administration work or a higher level business programme, this course will provide you with the foundation for this.
BTEC qualifications are designed to provide practical, work-related learning and the course will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills you need to prepare for employment in a business environment and work in a variety of specialisms in the industry.
You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and will develop a range of skills to prepare you for the world of work, enable you to add value to business activities in an organisation.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Finding out about businesses in your area
- Organising a meeting
- Branding a product
- Presenting a business idea
- Contributing to running an event
- Recording income and expenditure
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Learn about different local businesses and how they operate
- Produce a CV and personal action plan
- Learn about how to start a new business and marketing the product or service being offered
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in team events
- Develop your confidence in presentations
How will I be assessed?
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn on this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in an office environment
- Find employment as an apprentice in an office environment
- Progress to the Level 2 Business Extended Certificate qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course apart from an interest in business, a commitment to learning and a determination to succeed.