Welding Skills Introductory C&G Award Level 1Course Code: WL1AW Learning Aim Code: Z0001790 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Evenings Duration: 15 Weeks Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are new to welding, would like to get some experience before applying for a job or work in another areas of engineering and want to develop your practical skills, this short course will give you a basic understanding of the welding process and techniques used in the industry. Welding processes to select from include MMA, MIG or TIG welding.
This is a 15 week part-time course.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Setting up and closing down procedures of welding equipment
- Basic MMA welding techniques and joints
- Health and safety in a welding workshop
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain:
- An understanding of the engineering profession
- Knowledge of welding processes
- Skills in welding basic joints
- Ability to tackle more complex tasks
- Skills in joining a range of materials
- An understanding of fault analysis
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written assessment
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to progress to a Level 2 qualification in welding.
What are the Entry Requirements?
You will need three or more GCSEs at grade G or above.