BTEC Level 5 HND in Music (Live Sound and Events) (Pearson)Course Code: LSEHD Learning Aim Code: 50082073 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: Two Years Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
The live sound industry is growing and covers a wide variety of different sectors all concerned in some way with live performance or presentation. Whether one of the annual music festivals, venue based concerts and gigs, musical theatre, corporate events or live broadcasts, this course is for those who would like to pursue a career in live sound and the management of events particularly within the music industry. Working closely with all of the Wolverhampton Civic Halls venues and outdoor events this vocational qualification will be heavily based upon real work and experiences.
HNDs are designed to give you the practical, vocational skills of a particular field of work which can then lead straight to a career. You can also use the qualifications to progress within your current career, for example as a stepping stone to gaining professional status. Once you complete your course HNDs can allow entry into the second or third year.
This is a two year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Live sound for large and small venues
- Live sound systems
- Music electronics and maintenance
- Music health and law
- Planning for public performance
- Sound system maintenance
- Work based experience
- Concert production
- Events management
- Pursue a career in sound engineering, sound recording, events management and marketing and promotion, or as a technician or freelancer
- Top up to a university degree course, based upon the entry requirements of the university you apply to
- Two A Levels or a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Good written and oral English
- Evidence of interest or involvement in the music industry
- An interview offering the chance to see our facilities
- Entry is based on academic qualifications and reference
- You must be aged 18 or above to study a HNC/D qualification
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will become equipped with the knowledge, confidence, understanding and skills required for success in your future employment
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme by a variety of methods including: coursework, reports, case studies, essay, presentations and observations.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you:
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have: