Machining Engineering City and Guilds Diploma Level 3Course Code: EGNDP Learning Aim Code: 60008829 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
The City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Machining Engineering is ideal if you already work in the industry and forms part of the advanced apprenticeship framework.
The programme will cover essential topics such as mechanical principles, PLC’s, materials, maths, CAD and health and safety and will build on skills you learnt on the Level 2 programme.
On completion of the course you will be able to understand and work in the engineering sector in roles such as a machining operative.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Engineering principles
- Produce drawings using CAD
- Machining materials by turning
- Machining materials by milling
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of engineering principles
- Gain an indepth understanding of technical information and its application in a working environment
- Develop an appreciation of procedures in the engineering industry
- Learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to solve engineering problems
- Understand the relevance and implications of a range of engineering processes
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written assessment
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Complete your advanced apprenticeship
- Progress to a higher education qualification such as an HNC, HND or university degree
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this curse you are required to:
- Be on an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme
- Have a level 2 qualification in machining engineering