Maintenance Engineering City & Guilds Diploma Level 2Course Code: EMACE Learning Aim Code: 60008805 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road
Is this the right course for me?
The City & Guilds Diploma Maintenance Engineering - Level 2 qualification is ideally suited if you are working in the manufacturing industry. It forms part of the intermediate apprenticeship framework.
The Diploma provides an entry level qualification into manufacturing in which you will learn basic working practices such as how a maintenance function is organised, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems, practical workshop skills, safe working practices and engineering communication, as well as developing skills in using core engineering equipment to carry out a range of maintenance tasks.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to an advanced apprenticeship and a Level 3 qualification.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Working in engineering
- Principles of engineering technology
- Principles of maintenance technology
- Assembling and maintaining fluid power systems
- Maintenance of mechanical devices and equipment
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of engineering principles
- Gain an understanding of technical information and its application in a working environment
- Develop an appreciation of maintenance procedures in the manufacturing industry
- Learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to solve engineering problems
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation of piratical tasks
- Written assessments
- On-line tests
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to progress to:
- An advanced apprenticeship
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Maintenance Engineering
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to:
- Be on an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme OR
- Have a Level 1 qualification in a relevant subject OR
- Have Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above
- You will also be required to attend a college interview where your skills in maths and English will be assessed