Maintenance Engineering City & Guilds Diploma Level 3Course Code: MN3DP Learning Aim Code: 60008829 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Two Years Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
The City & Guilds Diploma in Maintenance Engineering Level 3 qualification is ideally suited if you are working in the manufacturing industry. It forms part of the intermediate apprenticeship framework.
You will learn how an asset management system operates in manufacturing environments and further develop your skills in the use of mechatronic systems and principles – such as pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and programmable logic control (PLC) systems, as well as gain further knowledge of workshop skills, safe working practices and engineering communication.
The two-year course is nationally recognised as the benchmark qualification for maintenance professionals and on completion you will have the skills to enable you to work at technician level in the manufacturing industry or progress to a HNC qualification in a relevant subject.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study the following modules:
- Engineering health & safety
- Engineering principles
- Principles of engineering, maintenance, installation and commissioning
- Maintenance of hydraulic systems
- Maintenance of pneumatic systems
- Mechatronic systems and principles
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Further develop your understanding of engineering principles
- Gain a detailed understanding of technical communication and its application in a manufacturing environment
- Develop a further appreciation of maintenance procedures in the manufacturing industry
- Apply theoretical knowledge to solve engineering problems
- Apply your knowledge to analyse faults and implement solutions in manufacturing processes including automation control
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation of practical tasks
- Written assessments
- On-line tests
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Work in the manufacturing industry as a maintenance technician or asset manager
- Progress to a HNC qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to:
- Be on an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme OR
- Have a Level 2 qualification in maintenance engineering OR
- Be a practicing maintenance technician with relevant industry experience
- You will also be required to attend a college interview