Leadership and Management Principles ILM Certificate Level 3Course Code: LM3CE Learning Aim Code: 60136996 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 20 weeks Campus: Wellington Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you are in your first management role, or are looking for a management position to further your career, the ILM Level 3 Certificate will give you the key skills and competencies you need to become an effective first-line manager.
ILM programs are designed to meet the needs and demands of different levels of management and the Level 3 course has been developed for supervisors and first line managers who have responsibility for a defined area of activity.
The qualification will improve your knowledge of leadership and management and develop your communication and motivational skills – leading to improve efficiency in the workplace.
You will study a range of units and relate these to your current role, or a role that you have knowledge of.
You will study in a professional, bespoke learning environment. There are excellent progression opportunities and you will gain free membership to the Institute of Leadership and Management while you study and you will also gain access to a range of ILM resources to support your development as a Manager.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation
- Leading and Motivating a Team Effectively
- Developing Yourself and Others
- Understanding recruitment and selection of new staff in the workplace
- Understanding Performance Management
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace
- Understanding stress management in the workplace
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will develop an understanding of:
- Legal aspects for first line management
- Needs of individuals and teams
- How to develop yourself and your team
- Performance management
- Recruitment & selection and selection process
- Different forms of communication and where and how to use them
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Written assignment questions at the end of each unit
- Other forms of assessment will be discussed according to your needs
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a first-line management position with a leading industry qualification
- Progress to a further level of study
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- No prior qualifications are necessary other than a good level of English written skills
- You will need to complete an initial diagnostic assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Being in relevant employment is important for this course, as access to work related information is critical for successful completion of assignments