Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Mechanical Engineering (QCF)Course Code: EGEHD Learning Aim Code: 50088269 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Two years Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you have completed your engineering apprentice and want to progress further in your career, are working as an engineering operative and want to improve your skills, or want to move up the career ladder into a supervisory or management role in the industry, an HNC is a great qualification to have.
The HNC is mainly a theory-led classroom-based theory course will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to achieve your ambition or to move on to further study such as an HND or university degree.
What will I learn?
During the HNC you will study the following modules:
- Engineering materials
- Dynamics of machines
- Analytical methods
- Quality assurance & management
- Engineering project
- Computer aided design and manufacture
- Engineering science
- Mechanical principles
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Further develop your understanding of engineering principles
- Gain an indepth understanding of technical information and its application in a working environment
- Develop an appreciation of leadership roles in the engineering industry
- Learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to solve engineering problems
- Understand the relevance and implications of a range of engineering processes
- Analyse and design engineering solutions
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation Written assessments
- Practical tasks
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Work in the industry as a production engineer, manufacturing engineer or design engineer
- Gain a management or supervisory role in the industry
- Progress to a higher level qualification such as a HND or university degree
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access the course you are required to have:
- Level 3 Engineering qualification OR
- Relevant industry experience with a Level 3 maths qualification*
- You will also be required to attend a college interview and assessment