Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Mechanical Engineering (QCF)Course Code: EGEHD Learning Aim Code: 50088269 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: Two Years Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you have completed your engineering apprentice and want to progress further in your career, are working as an engineering operative and want to improve your skills, want to move up the career ladder into a supervisory or management role in the industry, or have the HNC qualification and want to continue your learning, an HND is a great qualification to have.
The HND is mainly a theory-led classroom-based theory course will give you the skills, knowledge and confidence to achieve your ambition or to move on to further study such as an HND or university degree.
This is a two year part-time course.
What will I learn?
During the HND you will study the following modules:
- Business improvement techniques
- Engineering design
- Health and safety
- Personal and professional development
- Thermo dynamics
- Fluid mechanics
- Advanced machining tools
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Further develop your understanding of engineering principles
- Gain an indepth understanding of technical information and its application in a working environment
- Develop an appreciation of leadership roles in the engineering industry
- Learn how to apply theoretical knowledge to solve engineering problems
- Understand the relevance and implications of a range of engineering processes
- Analyse and design engineering solutions
- Learn how to self reflect and improve on your experiences
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Written assessments
- Practical tasks
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Work in the industry as a production engineer, manufacturing engineer or design engineer
- Gain a management or supervisory role in the industry
- Progress to a higher level qualification such as an HND or university degree
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Level 3 engineering qualification or relevant industry experience
- You will also be required to attend a college interview and assessment