NEBOSH Construction CertificateCourse Code: CNHCE Learning Aim Code: 00295349 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 9 days (54 hours) and Distance Learning (80 hours) Campus: Telford Campus/In-company
Is this the right course for me?
The NEBOSH Construction Certificate is the most widely held construction Health & Safety qualification in the UK. It is aimed at anyone who wants to pursue a career in the sector or anyone who is currently working and has responsibility for Health and Safety in construction/civil engineering related environments.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Do
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Check
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Act
- Element 1 – Construction Law and Management
- Element 2 – Construction Site – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 3 – Vehicle & Plant Movement – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 5 – Work Equipment – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 6 – Electrical Safety
- Element 7 – Fire Safety
- Element 8 – Chemical & Biological Health Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 9 – Physical & Psychological Health – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 10 – Working at Height – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 11 – Excavation Work & Confined Spaces – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 12 – Demolition & Deconstruction – Hazards & Risk Control
- Develop your understanding of how your actions and your responsibilities contribute to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Develop skills to manage Health and Safety within the workplace
- Learn how to identify and define hazards and risks, how to produce risk assessments and risk control
- Learn to identify the legal requirements within the workplace
- Learn construction site safety, vehicle and plant safety, musculoskeletal hazards, work equipment hazards, electrical safety, first safety, chemical and biological hazards, physical and psychological hazards, working at height, excavation and confined space hazards and demolition and deconstruction and there controls
- Understand investigating accidents and incidents
- Understand how to improve the safety performance in your workplace and how Health and Safety plays an active part in protecting the environment
- Understand the benefits of implementing safety management systems in the workplace
Unit NGC1 – Management of Health & Safety
Unit NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
Unit NCC2 – Construction Practical Application
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is in the form of two formal set examinations and one practical examination NGC1 – Management of Health and Safety NCC1 – Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities. NCC2 - Construction Practical Application (practical assessment will need to be completed in your workplace) On successful completion of the two units and a practical assessment, a NEBOSH Construction Certificate parchment is awarded.
What can I do next?
After successfully completing this course you could progress onto to the NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice or onto further NEBOSH courses.
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.