NEBOSH National General CertificateCourse Code: NOHCE Learning Aim Code: 00295348 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 5 Days (30 hours) and Distance Learning (50 hours) Campus: Telford Campus / In-company
Is this the right course for me?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is the most widely held Health & Safety qualification in the UK. It is aimed at anyone who wants to peruse a career or anyone who is currently working and has responsibility of Health and Safety in the Health and Safety sector.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Element 1 – Foundations in Health & Safety
- Element 2 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Plan
- Element 3 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Do
- Element 4 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Check
- Element 5 – Health & Safety Management Systems 1 – Act
- Element 1 – Workplace Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 2 – Transport Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 3 – Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 4 – Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 5 – Electrical Safety
- Element 6 – Fire Safety
- Element 7 – Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
- Element 8 – Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Risk Controls
Unit NGC1 – Management of Health and Safety
Unit GC2 – Controlling Workplace Hazards
Unit GC3 – Practical Application
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of how your actions and your responsibilities contribute to Health and Safety in the workplace
- Develop skills to manage Health and Safety within the workplace
- Learn how to identify and define hazards and risks, how to produce risk assessments and risk control
- Learn to identify the legal requirements within the workplace
- Understand investigating accidents and incidents
- Understand how to improve the safety performance in your workplace and how Health and Safety plays an active part in protecting the environment
- Understand the benefits of implementing safety management systems in the workplace
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is in the form of two formal set examinations and one practical examination
- NGC1 – Management of Health and Safety
- GC2 – Control of Workplace Hazards
- GC3 - Health and Safety Practical Application (practical assessment will need to be completed in your workplace)
On successful completion of the two units and a practical assessment, a NEBOSH National General certificate parchment is awarded.
What can I do next?
After successfully completing this course you could progress onto to the NVQ Level 5 in Occupational Health and Safety Practice or onto further NEBOSH courses.
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.