Pathways to Hair & Beauty – Entry Level 3Course Code: PHBCE Learning Aim Code: Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Metro One campus
Is this the right course for me?
If you want to work as a hairdresser or beauty therapist this course will set you on the path to a future career in the industry.
You will gain skills, experience and confidence in styling hair and basic hand care, as well as learning about customer service and health and safety in the salon.
The course will also prepare you for working life by developing your confidence, as well as your employability and interview skills.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to a Level 1 qualification in hairdressing or beauty therapy.
We have an inspirational and experienced team of staff who will support you to develop your skills and knowledge, and you will have the chance to take part in college events and attend other enrichment activities which will give you further experience of the industry and look good on your CV.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Present a professional image in a salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Hand care
- Create a hair & beauty image
- Planning for progression
- Effective communication
- Interview skills
- Developing personal confidence
- Rights and responsibilities in the workplace
- Understanding crime and its effects
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Gain an understanding of the hair and beauty industry
- Learn how to create basic styling looks
- Understand the importance of health and safety in the salon
- Work as part of a team in the salon
- Develop communication and customer service skills
- Be able to prepare for a job interview
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in a number of ways including practical observations, building a portfolio of evidence and exams.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of the course will enable you to progress to:
- Level 1 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Level 1 Diploma in Hairdressing
- Pursue an apprenticeship in either industry
What are the Entry Requirements?
You do not need any qualifications to access this course, however you are required to have:
- An interest in the hair and beauty industry
- Good attendance at, and references from, school
- You will also be expected to do a trade test by showing how you can blowdry hair