Pathways ProgrammeCourse Code: PW1DP Learning Aim Code: 60135591 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus, Wellington Road Campus, Metro One Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If your answer to these questions is ‘yes’, the one year full-time Pathways Programme can help you to gain new skills and qualifications, meet and work with other people and help you move onto further education or employment.
This course offers small group sizes with a personal tutor with regular reviews, advice and guidance.
We have a 91% success rate on this course and excellent feedback from our past students, many of whom have gone on to further study at the college.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study a range of City and Guilds employability and personal development modules including:
- Health and safety
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building
- Drug and alcohol awareness
You will also study for qualifications in English, maths and ICT Functional Skills and get the chance to do work experience.
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Develop your understanding of how to prepare yourself for an interview
- Learn how to prepare a CV
- Develop your communication and interpersonal skills
- Develop an appreciation of health and safety in the workplace
- Develop your confidence in dealing with other people and groups
- Improve your English, maths and ICT skills
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in work experience opportunities and different enrichment activities throughout the year
How will I be assessed?
You will be continually assessed throughout the programme. There will be exams for English, maths and ICT Functional Skills.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to progress on to a Level 1 course or qualification at the college.
What are the Entry Requirements?
There are no specific entry requirements, however you will be asked to attend an interview and assessment prior to being considered for the course.