Performing Arts: Acting & Singing Level 1 Award in Music Production & Performing Arts – UAL Awarding BodyCourse Code: PAAAW Learning Aim Code: 6016489X Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: 15 weeks Campus: Paget Road campus
Is this the right course for me?
This course is for those who want to learn the art of acting and singing, develop their physical and vocal skills, and explore dramatic text for performance. The course is ideal for beginners and those that wish to pursue acting and performance as a potential career or hone their skills to prepare for auditions. Classes are taught by experienced, professional tutors who will teach you the skills to build your confidence and develop your ability.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body (UAL). City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries with an emphasis on art, design and communication. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Voice work – concentrating on a strong core technique
- Centering the voice, diction and articulation
- Working on text
- Building a character
- Working on audition monologues
- Classical and contemporary
- Working on scenes
- Understanding direction
- Preparation for performance
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Be taught by our enthusiastic, experienced and talented performing arts lecturing team
- Learn how to create a character on stage
- Develop your overall self-confidence
- Learn how to work in groups to develop a performance
- Learn how to perform in musical theatre, or as a singer
- Be able to create and utilise theatrical texts
- Understand how all of the skills you are learning can be applied in the industry
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme.
What can I do next?
Together with other relevant qualifications our L2 Performing Arts Acting course will provide excellent experience and skills for those who are wishing to progress on to further study in the Performing Arts subject area. It will also provide a taster for those who are considering this area as a career / vocation.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Students need to have Level 2 in Literacy and some experience / knowledge of performing arts.