Performing Arts Diploma Level 2 – University of Arts London Awarding BodyCourse Code: PF2DP Learning Aim Code: 6006870X Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
If acting, singing, dancing, or theatre production is your passion then you need to start your career at City of Wolverhampton College. From performing on stage, TV or film to dancing or choreography, there are so many career and progression opportunities in this exciting, dynamic and creative industry, all of which we will prepare you for while studying with us.
Our University of Arts London Awarding Body Level 2 Diploma is a one year course, equivalent to four GCSEs, and is a foundation for students who wish to pursue a career in performing arts. The course specifically features skills in acting techniques, performing arts business, dance performance and musical theatre. All learners will have regular opportunities to perform as part of our performing arts showcases and acting shows throughout the year.
The course is accredited by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body (UAL). City of Wolverhampton College is the only college in the Black Country, and one of only a few in the Midlands, to be accredited and offer qualifications from University of Arts London. UAL is a specialist awarding body offering up-to-date qualifications in the creative industries. It is owned by, and based within, University of the Arts London.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Musical theatre
- Performing arts business
- Dance performance
- Performing scripted plays
- Acting skills
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will:
- Be part of programme of study that has excellent pass rates
- Be taught by our enthusiastic, experienced and talented performing arts lecturing tea
- Learn how to create a character on stage
- Develop your overall self-confidence
- Learn how to work in groups to develop a performance
- Learn how to perform in musical theatre, or as a singer
- Learn how to develop and perform dance
- Be able to create and utilise theatrical texts
- Learn how to discuss live productions and learn from theatre visits
- Understand how all of the skills you are learning can be applied in the industry
- Improve your knowledge of what Performing Arts opportunities are available
- Gain valuable team working and communication skills by taking part in various shows
- Improve your employability skills
- Learn in a Creative Arts Department awarded ‘Arts Mark Gold’ by Arts Council England for the level and quality of our education provision in creative industries
How will I be assessed?
The course is project/assignment based and assessment is continuous throughout the year both in lessons, set work and shows. Each unit will be assessed and awarded with a final grade of pass, merit or distinction. Some units may be subject to external assessment.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in acting, performance, presenting, choreography, dancing, singing or theatre production
- Progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Performing Arts
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade D or above
- You will also have an interview and be asked to perform an audition piece (chosen by you)