BTEC Level 5 HND in Performing Arts (Performance) (Pearson)Course Code: PARHD Learning Aim Code: 50092297 Full-time / Part-time: Full-time Duration: Two Years Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
Our Higher National Diploma (HND) in Performing Arts (Performance) prepares you for work in today’s performance and entertainment industries. We will expand your existing talents and introduce you to essential knowledge, skills and practices to give you the confidence to succeed in the performing arts sector.
The HND will offer an opportunity to study a range of practical and theoretical elements of performance within the context of a small-scale touring community theatre company. Led by lecturers with a strong background in the performing arts industry, the programme will enable you to follow the career that you dream of.
HNDs are designed to give you the practical, vocational skills of a particular field of work which can then lead straight to a career. You can also use the qualifications to progress within your current career, for example as a stepping stone to gaining professional status. Once you complete your course HNDs can allow entry into the second or third year.
This is a 2 year full-time course.
What will I learn?
During this course you will study:
- Physical theatre performance
- Theatre in education
- Performing arts workshop
- Creative arts professional practice
- Commercial dance
- Singing techniques
- Development of acting
- Creative arts research skills
- Professional practice in the performing arts industry
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will be equipped with the knowledge, confidence, understanding and skills required for success in your current and future employment.
How will I be assessed?
This is an assignment based course so there are no exams. You will be continually assessed throughout the programme by a variety of methods including coursework, reports, case studies, essay, observations, presentations and public performance.
What can I do next?
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Pursue a career in acting, performance, presenting, choreography, dancing, singing, theatre production and stage management
- Progress on to a top up third year of a university degree course, based upon the entry requirements of the university you apply to
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to have:
- Two A Levels or
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Good written and oral English
- Evidence of involvement in the performing arts
- An interview offering the chance to see our facilities
- An audition
- You must be aged 18 or above to study a HNC/D qualification