Performing Engineering Operations – Fabrication and Welding Level 2Course Code: PEFN2 Learning Aim Code: 60094710 Full-time / Part-time: Part-time Duration: One Year Campus: Paget Road Campus
Is this the right course for me?
The Performing Engineering Operations - Fabrication and Welding Level 2 qualification is ideally suited if you are working as a sheet metal or production welding operative in the fabrication and welding industry and forms part of the intermediate apprenticeship framework.
It provides an entry level qualification into engineering in which you will learn basic workshop skills, safe working practices and engineering communication, as well as practical skills in fabrication and welding such as pattern drawing, sheet metal fabrication techniques and MIG, TIG and MMA welding processes.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to an advanced apprenticeship and a Level 3 qualification.
This is a one year part-time course.
What will I learn?
On this course you will study the following modules:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing sheet metal components and assemblies
- Preparing and using manual TIG or plasma-arc welding equipment
- Preparing and using manual MIG, MAG and other continuous wire welding equipment
What skills will I gain?
By studying this course you will gain:
- An introduction to the engineering profession
- Knowledge and understanding of basic metal working techniques
- Skills in metal fabrication and joining techniques
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety in the workplace
How will I be assessed?
Throughout the course you will be assessed in the following ways:
- Observation or practical tasks
- Written Assessments
What can I do next?
Completion of the course will enable you to:
- Complete your intermediate apprenticeship
- Move to an advanced apprenticeship
- Progress to a Level 3 qualification
What are the Entry Requirements?
To access this course you are required to be:
- On an existing industry-based apprenticeship programme
- Currently working in the engineering industry